|Winter Storm Virgil 03/24/2013|
Well this is definitely not something usually synonymous with spring cleaning – a late winter snow storm! The forecast for our area is anywhere from 1″ to 4″ so you can imagine that housecleaning around here was the last thing on my mind! (I apologize to those of you who were waiting for the lists in parts of the world where the sun is shining and spring actually has arrived in your town!)
What you see accumulated in a matter of 30 minutes – from zero to about an inch.
I’ve been busy helping my youngest, Tre, with his poster for school. Tomorrow is the beginning of his special week at school, where he gets to have a specially designed poster all about him hung on the blackboard in his room for all to see with photos of his favorite things and activities. So we’ve been picking out photos, creating word art he can color in himself, and gluing it all onto a large poster board. All amongst dealing with (another) horrific toothache that has me wanting to rip my head off.
So, unfortunately, I haven’t gotten around to creating my own PDF checklists for you to download. I didn’t want to leave you empty-handed though, so below are links to some really great lists to help you get your spring cleaning plan underway!
- From About.com – I just love this web site. No matter what you are looking for in the way of assistance – there is a topic there on the matter! Click here to find some great tips (and oodles of checklists!!) to getting your spring cleaning done in a jiffy!
- She Knows Home & Garden section has some really great (and pretty) checklists for your kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom right here.
- I’m a closet Martha Stewart superfan. I love just about everything she does and aspire to be just like her when I have a house of my own when I grow up lol! She’s got some excellent downloadables on her site here, such as:
Remember when I told you to go and download Cozi? There was a reason for that! You can find some excellent lists already formatted, just click on the “Add to Cozi to do list” button on these pages and have them automatically imported into your program for you!
Happy National Cleaning Week everyone! Just remember – don’t feel discouraged if you start finding additional things that need doing. Just add them to your “home list” and work on items for 15 minutes to an hour each day (whatever works best for your schedule) and before you know it – that list will be whittled down to nothing and you’ll be on the road to weekly maintenance being a breeze!
Latest posts by Kim @ LiaH (see all)
- Swarovski Sale thru December 16th - Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- Domestic Violence Takes One of Our Own: Christine Keith - Monday, December 9, 2013
- The Gift of Giving - Monday, December 9, 2013